Sailing with small HAKA


This year we went to Žuljana (peninsula of Pelješac-Croatia) again. We were camping in Žuljana already in 2012. This year we went to the same camp. The camp is small and simple, owned by the family. It is located in beautiful bay of Vučine surrounded by high hills which steeply fall into the sea.

For this summer I made some modifications on small HAKA. I changed the sails, because I wanted to try the A mast and only one crab claw sail. I bought unbleached cotton, and my neighbour, she sewed me the new sail again.


Haka with new sails set together at home




Haka anchored in bay of  Žuljana
It was a day with light wind, and still he was moving quite fast for that wind force. I had days with really strong wind (bora, maestral), but I couldn't take the camera with me. The water was splashing over into the hulls, so I had to empty the water from time to time. I don't think I ewer went faster, the front beam on the leeward side was partially submerged.

0 komentarji:

Objavite komentar