Deck Cabin, Part 3


From 27 of April till 1 of may i was working on the cabin again. Inside i painted it in white, and i glued the bottom on. The bottom is made of styrodur and fiberglassed on the inside.


The next step is fiberglassing on the outside. I cutted of the excess foam and the next step is sanding the edges.


I decided to paint the inside of the cabin in white. I should paint it with epoxy, because it would be the cheapest solution. My lampox epoxy cost me 6,5 €/kg. There will be no direct sunlight inside, so no exposure to UV.
The bottom (what is now on the top) consist of two layers of fabric, first unidirectional - 1000 g, and woven roving - 500 g.



On 27 th of May, i laminated the bottom from outside, what i couldn't  do were, strips on both sides. I was working alone, and was afraid that resin will harden before i could finish, it was a nice day with temperatures above 20 degrees C,


Unfinished strips left and wright.

Today on the 10 th of may, I finished with lamination of the bottom,
my neighbour helped me, in the end we installed the vacuum bag. 
Vacuum pomp at work.

Nicely finished corners. 


0 komentarji:

Objavite komentar